Objectives and Work Scope
- To catalyze agro-industrial growth in the country based on the principles of:
(a) Ecological sustainability
(b) Economic efficiency
(c) Social equity
- To undertake or assist in undertaking programs for employment generation, growth and diversification of agriculture & agro-based industries to increase food production and export of agriculture products, in both primary and processed forms.
- To identify and promote post-harvest processing/manufactures units in the public , private and cooperative sector.
- To promote organization of marketing chain both for domestic and export marketing.
- To influence Government policies for agriculture, there by increasing the flow of resources and augmenting the rate of capital formation in agriculture sector.
- To pave the way for establishment of integrated producers’ organizations with forward and backward linkages.
- To prepare, print and publish papers, periodicals, monographs in furtherance of the objectives of the society.
SFAC in addition to the endeavors complying with its core objectives, also takes up implementation of schemes and programs of various Government of India (GoI), Ministries and Departments and other Financial Institutions and Banks on a service charge basis. The SFAC society is currently implementing the following schemes and programs viz.
The Schematic Pattern of Assistance from SFAC, out of GoI grants-in-aid for promotion of value addition in the hands of farmers, through setting up part-processing, semi-processing and full-processing facilities through the setting up of AgriBusiness ventures all over the country mostly in collaboration with the private sector and active cooperation of commercial banks
SFAC provides to agribusiness projects involving value addition in the hands of farmers. Most of these projects involve agri-partner and post harvest management, marketing etc.
SFAC is endowed with the task of implementation of National Agriculture Market by setting up of an appropriate common e-market platform through private partnership that would be deployable in selected regulated wholesale markets in State/wholesale markets in States/Union Territories (UT) desirous of joining the e-platform.
SFAC has been identified as central procurement agency by GoI for price stabilization of onion and pulses under Price Stabilization Fund.